For this residential project in Melbourne, COLORBOND® steel – Monument® Shingle Metal Cladding provided a striking and contemporary finish for our client. The variations in shingle style, size and finish gives an infinite amount of options available to the specifier. The thickness varies with material but generally ranges from 0.5mm to 1.0mm. Shingle Metal Cladding is normally installed to a ventilated plywood substrate, However other substrates can be considered.
The key benefits of Shingle Metal Cladding comprise:
- Minimal maintenance – compared to alternative cladding materials, such as rendered brick and timber
- No visible fixings – an amazing finish and aesthetic
- Allows for material expansion and contraction – flexibility in product lifecycle
- Creative Installation – allows the combination of other materials within the same facade
SHINGLE CLADDING – MATERIAL AVAILABILITY:
• VM-Zinc, Rheinzink, Jarden Zinc (1.0 mm thick)
• 0.55mm BMT COLORBOND® steel / ZINCALUME® steel / Metallic / Ultra
• 0.9mm BMT Copper
• 0.9mm BMT Aluminium
• Consist of continuous wall studs or Top hats at max 600m spacing.
• Plywood 17mm structural to as 2269.
• Fully breathable / waterproofed membrane.
• Fix flat lock clips at max. 300mm centres. Clips to be same material as panels.
A standard range of details are available, along with technical assistance on a project by project basis.
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
CLICK to view other products