The COLORBOND® Metallic steel range introduces six new colours and an innovative paint technology that boosts its signature lustre effect. A new paint type and production method strategically places particles in the paint system to optimise light penetration and colour reflectivity to increase brilliance.
A simple play of light is all that’s needed to bring out the signature metallic finish on new COLORBOND® Metallic steel. The distinctive reflective surface of COLORBOND® Metallic steel draws on the environment and surrounding structure, enabling you to enhance your prestigious building designs with subtle yet dramatic effects, endless nuances and dynamic changeable qualities.
You will have peace of mind, knowing that the COLORBOND® Metallic steel substrate is protected by Activate® technology and AS/NZS 2728 compliance. Whether it’s by using the variations between vertical and horizontal planes, creating distinctive architectural features, or even regulating the conditions of incidental lighting, the flexible nature of COLORBOND® Metallic steel will complement and enhance any design.
In a recent residential project, COLORBOND® Metallic steel – ASTRO® provided an AMAZING finish using Interlocking Panels. Installation was completed by the team at Braith Plumbing
The key benefits of this COLORBOND® steel finish include:
- The steel base is manufactured to meet relevant Australian Standards, ensuring strict adherence to the required grade and strength.
- The base is then coated in BlueScope’s industry leading metallic coating incorporating Activate® technology*, to provide enhanced corrosion resistance.
- A thin pretreatment layer is applied to optimise the adhesion of further coatings.
- A corrosion inhibitive primer is baked onto the surface.
- A topcoat of specially developed, exterior grade paint is baked on to provide resistance to chipping, flaking and blistering and to ensure the finish retains its look for longer.
SOURCE: COLORBOND® steel website
Thermal Efficiency with COLORBOND® steel
Every colour (except Night Sky®) in the standard COLORBOND® steel range features Thermatech® solar reflectance technology. Thermatech® technology is designed to reflect more of the sun’s heat on hot days, which can mean less dependence on air-conditioning, plus reduced heat stress for your roof. This makes COLORBOND® steel a great choice for your projects, your budget and the environment.
ARCHITECTURAL CLADDING SUPPLIERS OFFERS 22 STANDARD COLORBOND® STEEL COLOURS:
Available in 22 attractive colours, COLORBOND® steel also delivers a lot of practical benefits. It is easy to maintain, long lasting, lightweight and extremely durable; resisting chipping, flaking and blistering.
Architectural Cladding Suppliers are proud to be associated with COLORBOND® steel.CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION