COLES receives an impressive finish with our “Metal Shingle Cladding”. The new COLES Supermarket in Camberwell, Melbourne makes a memorable impression with our metal cladding and shingle profiles finished with COLORBOND® steel – BASALT®. A powerful, modern grey with a neutral cast. Exuding the strength and solidity of the rock after which it is named, the use of BASALT® lends buildings a feeling of being anchored to the earth.
Working with Clarke Hopkins Clarke, allowed Architectural Cladding Suppliers to design, manufacture and supply bespoke metal cladding profiles known as “Shingles”. Our Shingles allow for minimal maintenance compared to alternative cladding materials, such as rendered brick and timber. There are no visible fixings delivering a seamless finish every time. And when provided with COLORBOND® steel you receive a durable and resilient product.
Shingle Metal Cladding can be manufactured in zinc, copper, brass, bronze, stainless steel, pre-coated aluminium or anodised aluminium. The variations in shingle style, size and finish gives an infinite amount of options available to the architect. The thickness varies with material but generally ranges from 0.5mm to 1.0mm. Shingle Cladding is normally installed to a ventilated plywood substrate, However other substrates can be considered.
The key benefits of the Shingle Metal Cladding comprise:
- Minimal maintenance – compared to alternative cladding materials, such as rendered brick and timber
- No visible fixings – an amazing finish and aesthetic
- Allows for material expansion and contraction – flexibility in product lifecycle
- Creative Installation – allows the combination of other materials within the same facade
SHINGLE METAL CLADDING – MATERIAL AVAILABILITY:
• VM-Zinc, Rheinzink, Jarden Zinc (1.0 mm thick)
• 0.55mm BMT COLORBOND® steel / ZINCALUME® steel / Metallic / Ultra
• 0.9mm BMT Copper
• 0.9mm BMT Aluminium
• Consist of continuous wall studs or Top hats at max 600m spacing.
• Plywood 17mm structural to as 2269.
• Fully breathable / waterproofed membrane.
• Fix flat lock clips at max. 300mm centres. Clips to be same material as panels.
CLICK to view other products