The facility aims to provide a superior level of luxury service for its customers, from arrival through to departure, and will also include aircraft operations and maintenance. Melbourne Jet Base will deliver the benefits of managing its own security, customs and immigration process, providing discretion and security within. Whilst aircrafts are being prepared for their onward journeys, the terminal facility will provide state-of-the-art lounge and business facilities for all of its customers.
Cladding and Roofing Products used in application of the Melbourne Jet Base project:
Roofing: Kingzip Standing Seam in Silver Metallic
Cladding: Ampelite 40mm Lexan Thermoclick in Opal
Developing the design with all stakeholders has been critical to the success of this project – comprising the following key features:
- A main hangar for up to 18 aircrafts with a clear structural span opening of 70m for aircraft access.
- Feature sculptured roof form inspired by aerodynamic concepts clean of any plant or equipment.
- Specialty hangar which will display a refurbished Douglas DC-3 aircraft and double as the facility’s function space.
- Central hub which will include a basement car park and service area, customer lounge, meeting rooms, offices, catering and function facilities.
- Aircraft pavement (including taxi-way), pedestrian and vehicle pavements, and soft landscaping.
The facility is expected to be operational in the second half of 2018.
To learn more about our commercial and residential projects click here