Shingle Cladding can be manufactured in zinc, copper, brass, bronze, stainless steel, pre-coated aluminium or anodised aluminium.
The variations in shingle style, size and finish gives an infinite amount of options available to the specifier. Pictured here COLORBOND® steel – Monument® a striking and contemporary finish is delivered for our client.
The thickness varies with material but generally ranges from 0.5mm to 1.0mm. Shingle Cladding is normally installed to a ventilated plywood substrate, However other substrates can be considered.
A standard range of details are available, along with technical assistance on a project by project basis.
SHINGLE CLADDING – MATERIAL AVAILABILITY:
• VM-Zinc, Rheinzink, Jarden Zinc (1.0 mm thick)
• 0.55mm BMT COLORBOND® steel / ZINCALUME® steel / Metallic / Ultra
• 0.9mm BMT Copper
• 0.9mm BMT Aluminium
• Consist of continuous wall studs or Top hats at max 600m spacing.
• Plywood 17mm structural to as 2269.
• Fully breathable / waterproofed membrane.
• Fix flat lock clips at max. 300mm centres. Clips to be same material as panels.
The key benefits of the Shingle Cladding comprise:
- Minimal maintenance – compared to alternative cladding materials, such as rendered brick and timber
- No visible fixings – an amazing finish and aesthetic
- Allows for material expansion and contraction – flexibility in product lifecycle
- Creative Installation – allows the combination of other materials within the same facade
CLICK to view other products